Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photo Centerpieces

I found the idea for these centerpieces on Martha Stewart's website. I am pleasantly surprise with how they turned out. myMr and I will not be using them for centerpieces, but we will be using them to adorn the bar since we will not be serving alcohol at the wedding. Check it out!

*Disclaimer: My printer was running out of ink so some of the pictures printed really light. *

I purchased these frames at Michael's for $1.00 a piece.


Then, I printed out pictures on vellum. Yes, that's right, vellum.


Then, after placing the pictures in their designated frames, I attached them in the shape of a triangle (you can do a square if you choose to use 4 pictures). I placed a battery operated "candle" inside of the triangle, and voila!






To be perfectly honest, I haven't attached the frames yet. Martha Stewart suggests using a certain kind of tape, but I am going to be a handy woman and make a trip to Home Depot to purchase hinges for the frames. :) The pictures shown above are from FSIL's wedding. I will be giving her this frame for her birthday. :)

What do you all think? Will you be incorporating pictures of you and your SO on your wedding day?

Take care until next time,
hisMrs

7 Wedding Bells:

ladybugeg said...

Super cute! Great idea!

Cheap Wife said...

I think those are really cool. Gotta love the ideas we get from Martha! :-)

very married said...

oh wow!

that's an AMAZING idea! it worked out so well too.

Unknown said...

those turned out REALLY cute!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love this idea! So clever and cute!
RelentlessBride

Samantha said...

that looks totally cute. we're not serving alcohol either so we have a huge..empty.. bar. lol i love that idea. send me her link for it :)

fingerprints said...

How do you attach the pictures to the frame since you're not using the backing?