Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To wax or not to wax... That is the question

Ok, let's get a little personal here. I am HEAVILY debating whether or not to get the "Honeymoon Wax."

MyMr would probably be pleasantly surprised, but not gonna lie, I am a little shy. Yes, I said it, I am a little shy. Am I worried about it hurting? Sure. A little. But it will only hurt briefly. I am much more scared about having another woman looking at my chacha.

Have you ever waxed? Did it hurt? Was it a good or bad experience? Do you recommend it for a first timer for her honeymoon?

Take care until next time,
hisMrs

6 Wedding Bells:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I have waxed 2 times and I definitely want to do it again. It hurts, but its not unbearable. And since I definitely have noticed a difference in growth. I usually... shave... but the two times I waxed were before big vacations and I didnt want to have razor burn. The worst part about waxing is the 30 days leading up to it...itchy, annoying, and feeling funky all the time. I recommend it!

TwinsanityMom - Janet said...

Haha! Oh girl, when I saw the name of the post I was thinking you couldn't pay me enough to do that. But I will tell you if you are going to do it this is the best time of your life to do it. I guess if you do it just try to think of it like a dr. visit, it may be little uncomfortable for a few minutes but then it will all be over and you will be glad you did it. PS I left you something on my blog.

Louise said...

Do it. I did it for a beach vacation last year and loved the bikini line part of it. Was it a little uncomfortable for many reasons? Yes. But trust me, those waxing ladies see so much "stuff" they are totally void of thought. I suggest going a week or so prior though. I often have a reaction to the wax that causes a little irritation. A day or too of benadryl cream works miracles there, but just in case, I'd go early. Oh, and I don't suggest a Brazilian. Get a "Bikini Plus."

Ms. Bridezilla said...

I wax every month. Do it. It's worth it, and again the it hurts but it is not unberable. Do it a day or two before the wedding.

Katie said...

no lie. it's hurts like a mother. I thought that the pain was worse than the embarrassment of the clinician seeing my lady parts. I did it twice and you won't catch me in a salon any time soon.
Not entirely because of the pain, but also because you have to let it grow out for at least two weeks before going in and I'm not about to leave my nether regions unmanicured for two weeks.

I would get it done at least 3 days before the wedding, but no more than a week before. Take advil 30-60 minutes before your appt and put benadryl on for a day after. Good luck! It's worth it for your wedding day!

Ready to be Mrs. B! said...

i have been questioning whether or not to do this! i can't make up my mind. my honeymoon isn't until almost 2 months after the wedding, so i may be able to decide before then. i don't think i'll be getting it before the wedding...